We spent a good portion of yesterday at Grandma's farm. I took along the flipvideo camera, and used it to take a few pictures of her place.
We just pulled this camper out of the barn, exposing it to the light of day for the first time in probably twenty years. I'm in the process of cleaning it up.

This is the barn. I'm in the process of cleaning it up, too.

These are empty grain silos that seem determined to stay, despite our best efforts to make them feel generally unwelcome.

This truck belongs to Donald. He parked it behind a building years ago (actually, "hid it" would be more accurate) and left it to rot. I tore down the building last year. Undaunted, the truck stoically remains.

I thought the rusty, dilapidated look might make for an interesting picture ('cause I'm a photographer now, don't you see), so I got closer for another shot.

I got even closer, hoping to get a picture of a tree that is just starting to grow up out of the hood. Then I heard a sound from inside.
(Click play to start the video)
It seems that the raccoon family left the barn in favor of the quiet comfort of the pickup. Mom wasn't around, and the four baby raccoons seemed glad for the company. I took these videos and left them alone; I'm happier for them to live here than in the barn.
I think the barn is happier, too.
After a brief thunderstorm, the day ended with an unusually bright rainbow. I went looking for the pot o' gold, but the rainbow disappeared before I could find it. It's just as well; with as many Polish people around here as there are, the pot o' gold is probably
actually a pot o'
borscht.
4 reactions:
Good Job, Daniel! A warm, fuzzy picture-thought!
:-) Snicker
Rainbows, cute little baby animals, and sunshine. Can't get any warm-and-fuzzier than that, eh?
Nice pictures! I like looking at where you live.
Love you lots and miss you today.
hmmmm.....very interesting.....
Post a Comment