RDI Parent Night went off without a hitch last night. I spoke for about ten minutes, while projecting video of Shiloh onto a large screen behind me. I spoke mainly on the highlights of the last two years, and how Shiloh has developed in that time. I also talked about some of the challenges we still face, which seemed to help everyone to relax (a few jokes helped, too). After I was finished, I began a discussion about repetitive movements (such as rocking, twirling, or "fiddling", or in self abusive behavior such as biting or head-banging), which is a stress-release mechanism shared by many Autistic people.
On the whole, I thought it went rather well, and Carol said that I didn't seem nervous. I'll be talking to Shiloh's consultant today, though, and I'll be interested to see what she thought.
8 years ago
2 reactions:
I also talked to the couple that we had spoken to about homeschooling. I was tickled to learn that they've started homeschooling this year and LOVE IT. They're very happy with their decision so far. Chalk another one up on the board for homeschooling.
Sounds like it turned out GREAT! I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment