How Much is that Mousey in the Window?

Yesterday afternoon, the kids and I were sitting on the couch downstairs watching television and waiting for Julie to get home. All of a sudden, Ella started pointing and waving from my lap. I looked up just in time to see little shrew scrabbling around the outside of the window.


Little critters tend to tunnel under the snow this time of year. This one had apparently burrowed out a nest right against the outside of the window pane, so the kids and the shrew and I all sat in our livingrooms and watched each other and the rest of the TV show together.

2 reactions:

Grammy said...

That's a funny story!

I haven't been ignoring your email - I can'get my hotmail to send. Could be the internet here at the lake house,I don't know.

Love you all!

Confederate Dad said...

Kind of like having your own ant farm, but with mice instead.