An Ode to Ella

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

You have spent the morning climbing on everything that you can manage to hike your chubby little pink cancles up on to. You have climbed on the couch, the chairs, the ottoman, Shiloh's bed, and your wee chair. On all of them you have proceeded to do dizzying dances that defy gravity and physics and -- so far -- have survived without a scratch. I'm positive you could teach the monkeys in the zoo a thing or two.

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

You are tireless and thorough. You leave no stone unturned, no shoe in the closet, and no book unrifled. Somehow, you managed to shuffle your busy schedule around to include even more pilfer time. And I especially appreciate you taking the time to relocate every last DVD from the shelf to the floor for easier access [Yes, Julie dearest, every last one.]

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

You have thrown out the laws of physics and raised the bar for the entire human race by pushing boundaries for the number of bowel movements a person can have in a day. Even as I write this, you're fogging up the room with your umpteenth steaming fresh batch. It's the first thing I smell in the morning and I continue to enjoy a veritable schmorgesborg of strange and exciting aromas throughout the day.

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

You have not failed to ask me for a "Baa" [bath] every five minutes on the minute from the second your little eyes popped open this morning [roughly an hour before I was ready for them to].

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

You have asked me ever-so-sweetly and politely [not] for numerous things throughout the day. I live to serve you, so your frequent requests fulfill and complete me [not]. I'm always happy to drop whatever I am doing -- be it dishes, laundry, Shiloh's therapy, or cleaning up your latest mess -- to hand you things off of the counter or fix you a drink [not not not].

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

I'd like to run screaming from the house. Sometimes.

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Ella,

I love you anyway. All the time.

5 reactions:

Grammy said...

Dearest, Sweetest, Cutest Daniel,
Ella must have Katie's blood running through her veins. And you were Katie's helper.

I'm sorry it was a hard day.

Confederate Canuck said...

It wasn't that bad. I was mostly kidding. But we do pay for our raisin' once we have kids of our own, eh? I'm sure I was a barrel of monkeys when I was her age.

Mom said...

You're still a funny barrel of monkeys!

Dad said...

Paying for your raising, son?

Confederate Canuck said...

And how.