The cucumbers are finally in, so Bobchi was able to put up twelve jars of pickles yesterday. Homemade pickles will blow anything in the store off the shelf -- provided, of course, that you can keep your grubby little fingers out of the jar until they're ready. Julie can only manage to wait a week, when they're still vinegar-flavored cucumbers. Bobchi and I prefer to wait an extra week, until the garlic brine has completely killed the cuke flavor.
I made my first pineapple upside-down cake from a simple Betty Crocker recipe. It might not look very pretty, but it more than made up for it in goodness. Next up: Pound cake.
Donald brought us a few red potatoes from his garden. Despite the fact that they taste exactly the same as "regular" potatoes, they aren't your average red-skinned tubers; these ones are red all the way through. I mashed a couple yesterday to see how they look, and they came out a decidedly pinkish color.



3 reactions:
The pineapple upside-down cake looks pretty good....I had a three layer pineapple upside-down for my birthday last year--it was covered with whipped cream, with cherries on the top. YUM-O!
The pink potatoes are interesting...And your cake looks good! You did a good job with your cooking!
The trick with pound cake is to mix the butter and sugar and eggs for several minutes so you have more volume. I think you'll be able to find a recipe for a cream cheese poundcake online, but I can send you one if you want. Maybe you could make yourself one for your b'day?
I love you!
I like a really dense, heavy texture in a pound cake. How do I do that?
Post a Comment