(R) and (D) Results

I've had a pet theory for a few years now that you can tell a lot about a person based on their physical features. It's my contention that people who share similar backgrounds, beliefs, or even hobbies will tend to look alike. By alike, I mean actual physical characteristics, not just personal fashion choices or mannerisms.

Part of my theory has been borne out by recent research. A new psychological study indicates that your face tells a lot about your political leanings. To arrive at this conclusion, college students were first shown pictures of American senators, then the yearbook photos of other students. Surprisingly, they were able to discern the party affiliation of everyone in question with reasonable accuracy. Apparently, certain facial features are associated with political parties: Republicans look "powerful", while Democrats look "warm" (I disagree on this point; to me, Democrats appear more "haggard" or "hard" around the eyes).

I thought y'all would be interested in helping me conduct my own experiment. Apparently, I completely underestimated the overwhelming and unmitigated interest in my little experiment, as my blog was engulfed with a grand total of THREE comments.

In any event, here is the correct answer key:

A. D (Ed Clemente, Michigan House of Representatives)
B. D (Ellen Lipton, Michigan House of Representatives)
C. R (Cameron Henry, Louisiana House of Representatives)
D. D (Damon Baldone, Louisiana House of Representatives)
E. R (Candy Ezzel, New Mexico House of Representatives)
F. R (Patrick Connick, Louisiana House of Representatives)
G. R (Donald Bratton, New Mexico House of Representatives)
H. D (Simone Champagne, Louisiana House of Representatives)
I. D (LaMar Lemmons, Michigan House of Representatives)
J. R (Patrick Cortez, Louisiana House of Representatives)

These are the scores of the THREE people who sporting enough to try and spot the Liberals, and kind enough to humor my whim (and shame on all the rest of you):

Joshua (whose comment I managed to lose someplace) - 8/10
Carrie - 7/10
Anna - 7/10

Congratulations, Joshua. Your Liberal-spotting skills are unmatched.

1 reactions:

Anonymous said...

I was looking more at hairstyles, tie knots and colors, and facial wrinkles. I've noticed that most female Democrat politicians have more severe hairstyles and dark colors. See Clinton, Pelosi, Feinstein, et.al. I cannot remember at the moment whom I said was from which party, but to me, the Republicans looked more... friendly? than the ones I thought were Dems.

Just my two cents.